Saturday, December 5, 2009

Advent Day 6 - Jesus is the Vine


Day 6: Jesus is the Vine


I think that I'm going to have to look for some grape vines to add to my Christmas tree this year....I'll have to include a picture....if I find some and if they look cool!


John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.


Grafting is a real science. You know there are citrus trees that have all different kinds of fruit on them, and rose bushes that have been grafted into trees....I don't know a whole lot about all of this, but I do know that if the plant that the fruit or flowers have been grafted into isn't healthy....neither are the branches.


So John, when he was quoteing Jesus as telling them that He was the vine...he was letting us know THE secret to success....ABIDE IN HIM (Jesus) and He'll abide in you!


2 comments:

  1. My friend Joy-a BLOGGER! How cool. I think Mady and will join your advent celebration. I am determined to focus on Him, and abide in him this season, because He has brought me to a place where it's about all I can do. To me abiding means safe and well. He is always living, thriving, and rejoicing in His own Glory, so I figure "in Him" is a very good place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree my friend! So easy to get off track...you are my first comment! Thank you! I was starting to think that this year I was celebrating advent alone.....but publically ;)

    ReplyDelete