Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 3: Jesus is the Rose of Sharon, the Lily of the Valley.


I had my GREAT neices help me with this Advent project and I want to share a beautiful picture that Baila Silvy drew of a Lily of the Valley.



Song of Solomon 2:1 2:1 I am a rose of Sharon, a lily of the valleys
I'm going to be honest....I'm not sure of the meaning of Jesus being the Rose of Sharon or the Lily of the Valleys, maybe you can help me with that. I do know that when I lived in California I had a garden of hundreds of roses, many of very unique origin. Montana has very extreme weather conditions. My cousin Chrisy says that we do extreme gardening here and I really must agree with her. After we had been here three or four years I was feeling really heart sick, I was so missing my roses. I got us, got a cup of coffee and went out onto the deck, below me the whole hill side was covered in wild pink roses. It amazes me still, because it was a real gift and the only one that knew what I was feeling in my heart was MY Jesus! So when I think of the fact that Jesus is the Rose of Sharon, a lily of the valley I think of that day and that timely gift of wild roses.
Incidentally, there are no wild roses in that spot today....don't know if John accidentally zapped them with weed killer, but I really think that it was a gift that was just meant for that summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment