Monday, December 7, 2009

December 7, Day 7 of Advent - Jesus is the Door


John 10:7
So Jesus again said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.

When I would visit my grandmother's house as I was growing up I remember a picture that she had on the wall. It was a picture of a stone wall with a door in it. The interesting thing about the picture was that the door had no handle.

I don't remember if there was an inscription on the picture but if there was I am sure that it would have been Luke 11: 9-10. Luke tells us that Jesus said, "And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opended to you. For everyone who asks, receives, Eveyone who seeks, finds. and to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

And then John 10:7 says that Jesus actually told us that he was the door.

So on Day 7 of the Advent we realize that another name for Jesus is the Door.....

No comments:

Post a Comment