Friday, December 4, 2009

Bread

For Advent Day 2, should have been December 2....but I'm NOT going to let my tardiness stop me this year! *wink* Another name for Jesus is the Bread of Life

John 6:35
Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.

When we were kids we lived in Papua New Guinea...because it was a British Colony we were exposed to many customs that were more British than American.....one was the infamous fruit cake. Have you ever had a piece of fruit cake....I'm certain that it is healthy....it tastes like it. All of that to say that after we moved to Montana we met a lovely neighbor that makes a Christmas bread every year. It is excellent and I love to get it year after year. It is a sweet white bread with candied fruit in it that reminds me of the old fashioned fruit cake.....oh but it is sooo much better.

Maybe her Christmas bread can remind me each year that Jesus told us that HE IS the bread of life......and he wants us to make him a part of our lives.....he wants to be our sustenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment