Friday, December 18, 2009

Day 24 of Advent - Jesus is the Everlasting Father


DAY 24: JESUS IS THE EVERLASTING FATHER

A good way to symbolize this on our Christmas tree would be to hang a picture of our earthly father on the tree. The thing about our earthly fathers is that no matter how hard they try, or no matter how much they love us...there is simply no comparison to how much WE OURSELVES ARE CHERISHED AND ADORED by our Heavenly Father!

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace,

As I was getting ready to blog this morning I was thinking about how very good this Advent Season was for me. I know that I wasn't alone, I'm never alone when I am exploring The Word, but knowing that someone else that I know, if they were lonely at this Christmas season...could, if they wanted to, join me each day to celebrate, was a good feeling.

Traditions serve many purposes. They remind us of the reason for things, they provide a history, they provide continuity through our lives and they are far more concrete in our minds as we grow from childhood on into adulthood and beyond than any gift that we might get.

Tonight we will again read "The Night Before Christmas" and tomorrow, 'papa John will read the Christmas Story....which will be as exciting and moving as if it were the first time I heard it. In fact there are things that I have learned this month, doing Advent that will make it even better.

Thank you for joining me! Enjoy this Christmas Eve and remember to savour your traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment