Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas is coming

Well, while I have Jolene here I have taken advantage and asked her to help me figure out this blog thing.

"Christmas is coming!" Christian is running all over the house yelling this at the top of his lungs. What a fun thing to see, complete unabashed joy and excitment that Christmas is almost here!

Lately I have been thinking about the things that I remember about the many Christmas' that I have experianced and the traditions are the things that I treasure and remember the most. Since my children have grown up and moved out and on....it's bittersweet because the house is quieter and often when it's time to light the advent candle I find that I am doing it alone....not that I am feeling sorry for myself...just that ADVENT is such a wonderful season to celebrate with all of those that you love.

That is why this 'cybergranny' has decided to try to start a new tradition and celebrate with any and all who wish to join me in celebrating this Advent season....on the web!

Even though I got this idea in September, I am still 'late' getting it going....I had meant to post Day on on December 1st...but I have decided that I'm just going to make up for lost time and post several until I'm caught back up.

My family didn't have an Advent tradition, other than whatever the study was at church that year. I didn't realize that Advent is for learning about and the who, what, where and why of Christmas.

So here I go because........"Christmas is coming"

No comments:

Post a Comment